Monday, April 26, 2010

1st thing's first

I am 19. I have known I am gay since I was in 3rd grade.

Tragically I am the ONLY person who knows.

I can't come out for about 3 reasons.

1) My family: Christians. They would disown me. They would cry about it every night and "pray the gay away", which is just too painful for me to think about, let alone deal with.

2) My friends: Probably wouldn't disown me. In fact, they probably at least suspect I'm not aaaaaall the way straight. However, if they really knew, things would get a bit weird. Most of them are homophobic, and while my guy friends would love to have a cool lesbian friend, my lady friends would be less than stoked.

Aaaand the third and most important reason:

3) MY BOYFRIEND. Usually this would not be a problem. But we've been going out for almost a year, and he's talking about forever. I love him. My family loves him. My friends love him.


Now I am the happiest with him that I will ever be with a man, I know that for sure.

BUT I'M GAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment